By Jody Coffey
The show will also feature some of Ireland’s biggest and best comedic talent.
Also featuring some of Ireland’s biggest and best comedic talent, the series show puts an Irish spin on a format that has enjoyed success in many other countries.
The premise for the series from Prime Video reads:
“Using his trademark wit, host Graham Norton will oversee the 10 comedic stars, brought together to make each other laugh by using every unpredictable comedic tool in the box … without cracking a smile themselves.
“With the added bonus of some celebrity cameos, their performances will have viewers—but hopefully not their fellow stars—laughing out loud.
“As the clock counts down and the tension rises, whoever can outlast their competitors will be crowned the first winner of LOL: Last One Laughing Ireland and win a grand prize of €50,000 for their charity of choice.”
A new Graham Norton comedy series will hit screens in January
The 10 Irish comedians who will be competing on the programme are Aisling Bea, Amy Huberman, Catherine Bohart, David McSavage, Deirdre O’Kane, Emma Doran, Jason Byrne, Martin Angolo, Paul Tylak and Tony Cantwell.
The trailer for the series has dropped and sees all the comedians fighting to hold in their laughter before failing at the last moment resulting in a stern-faced Norton flashing them a red card.
Prime Video has also revealed that LOL: Last One Laughing Ireland will launch on the streaming service on Friday, 19 January.
Check out the trailer for the show right here:
- Real reason Rowan Atkinson took so long to wrap gift in legendary Love Actually scene
- George R.R. Martin has written 1,100 pages of new Game of Thrones novel – the same amount as last year
- People are rediscovering this ‘great’ Netflix show which went overlooked upon release
- Prime Video has added 50 big movies to its library
- Disney+ has just added one of 2023’s spookiest movies
- Netflix has just added 16 huge movies to its library
- One of the best action films of the decade is among the movies on TV tonight