movies & tv
Share icon

Share

Mrs Brown’s Boys Christmas Specials Cancelled As Brendan O’Carroll Faces Jaw Surgery

Published 16:25 17 Aug 2026 BST

Updated 15:46 17 Aug 2026 BST

Christian Buschardt
Mrs Brown’s Boys Christmas Specials Cancelled As Brendan O’Carroll Faces Jaw Surgery

Homemovies & tv

The recordings of this year’s Mrs Brown’s Boys Christmas and New Year specials have been cancelled after Brendan O’Carroll revealed he needs immediate surgery on two fractures in his jaw. The 70-year-old Dubliner, who created the sitcom and stars as Agnes Brown, announced the news in a statement on Monday afternoon.

What Brendan O’Carroll said about the Mrs Brown cancellation

O’Carroll said a CT scan had found the fractures and that he had been told to have them treated straight away, as The Journal reported.

Two fractures in my jaw, which requires immediate surgery and a few months’ recovery.

The comedian called it an “unexpected medical issue” and said he was heartbroken that the recordings would not go ahead, in a statement also carried by RTÉ, the Irish Independent, Extra.ie and the Irish Mirror.