Piers Morgan in ‘£10m bidding war’ after Good Morning Britain exit 2 months ago

Piers Morgan in ‘£10m bidding war’ after Good Morning Britain exit

"He turned GMB into a ratings hit, it seems everything he touches turns to gold"

Piers Morgan is reportedly in the midst of a £10m TV bidding war following his dramatic exit from Good Morning Britain last week.

Advertisement

The former GMB host quit ITV's breakfast show after receiving a huge backlash for the controversial comments he made about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah Winfrey.

The 55-year-old has been sought after by the forthcoming British TV network GB News, fronted by Andrew Neil, as well as news channels in the US.

Andrew Neil publicly showed his support for Piers during a BBC interview last Wednesday.

He said: "Well, Piers would be a huge asset to GB News and we'll definitely look at that."

"We would certainly be delighted to talk to him if he's up for it," he added.

A source told the Mirror: “[Piers] has had millions of pounds worth of offers. He turned GMB into a ratings hit, it seems everything he touches turns to gold.

“People love his honesty, even the people that don’t like him, they can’t help but be interested in what he says.

Advertisement

“Some of the offers have hit the £10 million mark, and it seems he may be able to land exactly what he wants.”

Piers took to Twitter to mock the idea that his offers were in the £10m range.

Piers Morgan said that he left GMB because he exercised his right to free speech.

Advertisement

Taking on Twitter after his swift departure from the show, he said: "On Monday, I said I didn’t believe Meghan Markle in her Oprah interview.

"I’ve had time to reflect on this opinion, and I still don’t. If you did, OK. Freedom of speech is a hill I’m happy to die on. Thanks for all the love, and hate. I’m off to spend more time with my opinions."

Advertisement