Sylvester Stallone slams possible Rocky spin-off by calling producers "parasites"
Stallone also appeared to criticise his frequent co-star Dolph Lundgren.
Sylvester Stallone has torn into film producers yet again over reports of another Rocky spin-off.
The Hollywood actor, 76, wrote and starred as the main character in all six of the Rocky Balboa movies and appeared in the first two Creed spin-offs.
Despite this, Stallone has previously accused Rocky producer Irwin Winkler of withholding ownership rights to the franchise.
"I have zero ownership of Rocky," he told Variety in 2019.
Meanwhile, last week, it was reported that a new Rocky spin-off about Rocky Balboa's antagonist Ivan Drago, who was previously played by Dolph Lundgren, is being developed.
And again Stallone is far from happy.
Taking to social media to share his frustrations at the weekend, Stallone wrote in a now-deleted post:
"Another heartbreaker… Just found this out… Once again, Irwin Winkler, this pathetic 94-year-old producer and his moronic useless vulture children, Charles and David, are once again picking clean the bones of another wonderful character I created without even telling me.
"I apologise to the fans. I never wanted Rocky characters to be exploited by these parasites."
I’d like to congratulate Irwin Winkler and family beating another wonderful character into the ground! # no shame https://t.co/dy2TEkqCni
— Sylvester Stallone (@TheSlyStallone) July 30, 2022
Stallone also appeared to criticise Lundgren in the post, writing: "By the way, I once had nothing but respect for Dolph but he never told me about what was going on behind my back with the character I created for him.
"Real friends are more precious than gold."
Responding to the comments, Lundgren said that the Drago spinoff is only in talks at this stage and that he believed Stallone was involved in the potential project.
"Just to set the record straight regarding a possible Drago spinoff. There’s no approved script, no deals in place, no director and I was personally under the impression that my friend Sly Stallone was involved as a producer or even as an actor," he stated.
"There was a press leak last week which was unfortunate. In touch with Mr Balboa - just so all the fans can relax. There ya go."
The next Rocky spin-off will be Creed III, which is due to come out in Ireland in March of next year.