Jamie Lynn Spears left camp life behind her on Wednesday night’s episode of ‘I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’
The actress vacated the jungle after just 11 days.
On Wednesday (November 29th), a spokesperson for the show said: ‘Jamie Lynn Spears has left I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! on medical grounds.
“She’s been a fantastic campmate who has triumphed at trials and bonded well with her fellow celebrities.”
However, a source has since revealed to The UK Sun that show bosses anticipated her early departure.
They also added that after Grace Dent left the jungle on medical grounds, it may have given Jamie Lynn comfort she wasn’t going to be ‘the first one out’.
View this post on Instagram
Jamie Lynn Spears’ early departure seemingly always on the cards…
“Jamie Lynn was a flight risk from day one and while she experienced some highs, excelling in trials and forming special bonds in camp, ultimately she couldn’t get past the lows.”
“Talks with logistical teams have been underway for days now, with an exit as early as Saturday mooted, then pushed back, after Jamie had a good day or so.”
“But it proved too much and after Grace left the writing was on the wall for Jamie – it would mean she wasn’t the first one out.”
Jamie Lynn’s early exit comes after she experienced an emotional rollercoaster on air, with jungle life proving difficult for the star.
Despite a confidence boost from successful trials and support from her campmates, the mum-of-two struggled to be away from her family and often vocalised to her fellow campmates how much she wanted to be back with her children, Maddie and Ivey.
View this post on Instagram
Struggle in the jungle for Jamie Lynn Spears
Last week, the ‘Zoey 101’ actress told her co-stars Danielle Harold and Sam Thompson: “I don’t know how I’m so emotionally weak. Why am I crying so much? Josie has a baby at home…”
Sam replied: “It’s important to remember you’ve come from a whole different continent, you don’t know anyone here, it’s hard. It’s real hard.”
The Eastenders actress comforted Jamie Lynn and said: “Look at the s*** you’ve been through in your life, right? This, a little bit of rain in the jungle, nothing.”
Jamie Lynn responded: “But at least all that s*** I could go home to my babies every night, you know? That’s it, that’s all I need in life. It feels a little bit overwhelming. They’re not even close.”
- Prime Video announce new true crime documentary from the makers of The Tinder Swindler
- New Godzilla movie earns record Rotten Tomatoes score
- Netflix reveals all of December’s new movies and series
- People are raving about this bingeable new Netflix crime series
- One of 2023’s best movies has just been added to Prime Video
- Real reason Rowan Atkinson took so long to wrap gift in legendary Love Actually scene
- George R.R. Martin has written 1,100 pages of new Game of Thrones novel – the same amount as last year
- People are rediscovering this ‘great’ Netflix show which went overlooked upon release