If you're a Narcos fan, you'll love this show on TV tonight
Just like Narcos, it looks unmissable.
Narcos is proving a real hit for Netflix. Three seasons has seen the popularity of the series rise to the point where it was one of Netflix's most popular shows in its latest season.
The Hollywood Reporter provided a rare glimpse of the numbers courtesy of Parrot Media. The data shows that Narcos season three was wildly popular and it led the way in 2017.
• Narcos: Season 3 — 27.2 million (September 2017)
• Ozark: Season 1 — 15.2 million (July 2017)
• Stranger Things: Season 1 — 10.9 million (July 2016)
• Marvel’s The Defenders: Season 1 — 8.9 million (August 2017)
• Orange Is the New Black: Season 5 — 8.5 million (June 2017)
• Disjointed: Season 1 — 7.4 million (August 2017)
• BoJack Horseman: Season 4 — 7.4 million (September 2017)
• 13 Reasons Why: Season 1 — 7.3 million (March 2017)
So if you're a fan of Narcos, then Channel 4's latest offering, The Drug Lords: Inside The Real Narcos, will certainly pique your interest.
Clip via Channel 4
The three-part series follows Former Royal Marines commando Jason Fox switch from hunting drug criminals to meeting them. In the series, Fox travels across Mexico, Peru and Colombia to speak to cartel members, find what drives them and how they’ve avoided capture from the authorities.
The first part begins with Fox in Mexico where he meets the members of the Sinaloa cartel, where he encounters killers and ex-assassins, and tries to establish how they operate and learn more about the turf war the cartel are involved in.
Meet The Drug Lords: Inside The Real Narcos airs 2 August on Channel 4 at 9pm.