Prince's cause of death has been revealed as an overdose
Prince died of an 'opioid overdose,' according to a law enforcement official in the United States.
The official said that the results came through after tests on the late singer following his death in April.
Officials told US media in May that Prince was in possession of prescription painkillers following his death.
Detectives have reportedly questioned a doctor who saw the 57-years-old twice in the weeks before he passed away.
According to the BBC, a police warrant also revealed that Dr Michael Schulenberg prescribed medication to the singer on 20 April. Prince died a day later.