AA Roadwatch report road closures across the country due to flooding
Keep an eye out for updates.
Following torrential rain across the country for the majority of the weekend, AA Roadwatch have reported road closures in several counties.
In the last hour alone they have issued the following announcements:
- Tipperary: The Limerick Rd (R503) outside Newport will remain closed just outside the town overnight due to flooding.
- Laois: Emergency services are dealing with flooding on the N80 Carlow/Portlaoise Rd at Stradbally Cross.
- Limerick: The Rosbrien Rd is closed near Old Crescent RFC in Dooradoyle due to flooding.
- Dublin: Emergency services dealing with flooding at Northern Cross (Malahide Rd/Clarehall Rd jct). Extreme care advised.
- Additional flooding has already been reported in Sligo, Donegal and Longford.
We recommend that all drivers should keep an eye on the AA Roadwatch Twitter account for the latest updates.
Additionally, the Kilkenny County Council have issued a warning that they had been monitoring river levels throughout the day and that all businesses and homeowners near the River Nore should make arrangements to protect their properties.
Crews are mobilised and sandbags will be available from Thomastown Fire Station and in Inistioge right now.
Also to note is that the Circular Road, Ardaloo Road and Bleach Road are currently impassable.