Aer Lingus are looking to hire new cabin crew staff
For anyone interested, here's how to apply.
The Bank Holiday weekend may be over but we have some good news for anyone that fancies a bit of travelling.
Well, you'll be working at the same time, but if you're looking to indulge in some wanderlust, Aer Lingus have just the job for you as the airline are looking to hire new cabin crew staff.
Positions will be available in Dublin commencing March, April and May 2019. There will also be a limited number of positions for their base of operations in Cork.
The company are looking for a "highly motivated and flexible individual" that will be "responsible for cabin safety and security on board the aircraft.
As for the specific job responsibilities and tasks, here's what the position entails:
- You will be responsible for cabin safety and security on board the aircraft.
- Carry out your duties in line with company policies/procedures and in accordance with the Aer Lingus Operations Manuals and regulatory requirement.
- You will consistently deliver excellent service on board so we retain and improve on their 4 star airline status.
- To work as part of a team to continuously improve how we serve and meet their guest’s expectations on board.
- Assume responsibility for consistently delivering their inflight retail experience whilst maximising sales revenue. You will be driven to achieve and exceed clearly defined sales targets, through effective on-board announcements, promoting their on-board ranges and executing appealing inflight merchandise displays.
- Contribute in the delivery of On Time Performance.
- Represent Aer Lingus with pride while adhering to uniform standards and guidelines.
For potential candidates, there are some criteria that need to be met and here they are:
- 18 years of age or over.
- Eligible to live and work in the Republic of Ireland without restriction (i.e. EU Passport Holder or Non-EEA Citizen holding Stamp 4).
- 12 months combined experience in a face to face customer service/sales role.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Hold a valid EEA passport allowing unrestricted worldwide travel.
- No tattoos/piercing visible when in Aer Lingus uniform.
- Flexibility and able to work shifts, unsociable hours, weekends, holidays and overnights.
- Able to pass an airport security vetting procedure, including a five-year background check*.
- Two verifiable references.
*If you are a non Irish citizen, you will need to be in possession of a current police disclosure certificate from your home country. If you have lived outside the Republic of Ireland for more than six months, you will also be required to hold a current police disclosure certificate from that country/countries.
Full details on the application process can be found here.