Irish-owned UK pub voted best in London by Time Out Magazine
By Katy Thornton.
"This may be one of the few places in London where you can actually get a decent pint of plain."
Skehan's Free House, based in Nunhead in South London, has been named the best pub in London by media giant Time Out Magazine.
The pub is owned by Limerick man Bryan Fitzsimons and is amongst the few family-run independent pubs still operating in London.
Of this Irish haunt, Time Out said this:
"A place of legend in Nunhead, this towering corner pub is as fun as it is friendly. It’s family-run and independent, a rare thing these days in London, and attracts everyone from OAPs to local bands, chic fashion students and troupes of cheerful lads.
"There’s karaoke, folk-music nights and terrific Thai food too. What more could you want? Perfect Guinness? Well, this is a proper Irish pub, so you’re in luck."
"This may be one of the few places in London where you can actually get a decent pint of plain.
Skehan's placed ahead of pubs like The Chesham Arms, The Cow, The Flask, and many more. The whole list is available to check out on Time Out's website.
View this post on Instagram
Header image via Instagram/skehansfreehouse. First published on Lovin.ie.
- An award-winning sci-fi blockbuster is among the movies on TV tonight
- Mark Sheehan, guitarist for The Script, dies aged 46 after 'brief illness'
- "Everything should be on the table" say Sinn Féin ahead of Citizens' Assembly on drugs
- Dublin to Chicago flight makes emergency landing after flying into a flock of pigeons
- George R. R. Martin reveals details of new Game of Thrones spinoff series
- The Penguin trailer reveals first look at Colin Farrell's new adversary
- Colin Farrell makes Time magazine's list of top 100 influential people for 2023
- All-star Irish cast set to star in what could be the next In Bruges