Bus Éireann strike causes commuter chaos as rail services are affected
Plan some extra time for your journey this morning.
An all out strike at Bus Éireann is underway and commuters are being warned that there may be some disruption to rail services as a result. Iarnród Éireann has warned of significant disruption due to the industrial action. They are not a party to the dispute but a number of services are being affected as a direct result.
They outlined the services affected which include limited services on the following routes.
- Dublin/Cork, Dublin/Limerick, Dublin/Galway, Dublin/Sligo, Dublin/Waterford, Dublin/Rosslare
- Waterford route - Services operating between Heuston & Kilkenny only.
- Sligo Route - Limited and curtailed service with no trains serving Sligo Station.
- Galway Route - 07:40hrs Galway to Heuston will operate
There will be NO services on the following routes:
- Cork Commuter, Waterford to Limerick Junction, Limerick to Galway, Limerick to Ballybrophy via Nenagh, Tralee to Mallow
The following services are cancelled:
- 05.30 Galway to Heuston
- 05.45 Sligo to Connolly
- 05.50 Cork to Heuston
- 06.00 Waterford to Heuston
- 06.15 Cork to Heuston
- 07.00 Cork to Heuston
- 07:05 Tralee to Heuston
- 07.10 Waterford to Heuston
- 07:20 Rosslare to Connolly
- 09:40 Connolly to Rosslare
As the morning commute continues, disgruntles passengers have taken to social media to express their annoyance at the situation...
It's not all negative though,It's also bringing out the generous spirit in people, if anyone is stuck!
I rely on #BusEireann to get to work and I support the strike! Thanks to strikers for fighting for public transport. Solidarity.
— Theresa O'Keefe (@Theresa_OKeefe) March 24, 2017
It's also bringing out the generous spirit in people, if anyone is stuck!
For any poor souls stuck due to #buseireann strike, I'm driving Dublin city to Wexford this afternoon & have room. No catch, just good will!
— Siobhán Doyle (@thekickart) March 24, 2017