Charges dropped in Conor McGregor phone-smashing case
Charges against Conor McGregor over an incident in which he allegedly smashed a fan's phone have been dropped.
The charges were dropped after the complainant, who is not a US-national, decided not to return to the country to pursue the charges.
McGregor was not present in the Miami courtroom as the case was resolved.
"The victim of the crime does not wish to return to the United States and prosecute this case," prosecutor Khalil Madani told the court on Monday morning.
McGregor had originally been charged with robbery by sudden snatching and criminal mischief. His trial had been set to start today.
McGregor's lawyer Sam Rabin said that this was an "appropriate resolution" to the case. McGregor himself was not required to attend the proceedings.
In July of 2018, McGregor pled guilty to one count of disorderly conduct in a Brooklyn courtroom after a melee in the Barclays Centre.
All felony charges were dropped and McGregor avoided a criminal record.