Here are the fastest growing salaries in Ireland right now
Considering a career change?
Tech and finance salaries increased by up to 20% in the past 12 months, according to a new report.
The data was compiled and published by recruitment group Hays Ireland.
Tech roles experienced the most significant salary increases this year, taking 10 of the top 20 spots for salary rises.
Accounting and finance, and construction and property roles made up the rest of the list.
The top five salary increases in tech were DevOps Manager (€95,000, up 18.8%), Full Stack Developer (€76,000, up 16.9%), Helpdesk Analyst (€35,000, up 16.7%), Site Reliability Engineer (€75,000, up 15.4%) and DevOps Engineers (€75,000, up 15.4%).
Payroll Supervisors saw the biggest overall increase across any sector (€58,750 up 20.5%). Other accountancy and finance roles to experience double digit salary increases include Revenue Accountant (€61,000, up 10.9%), Senior Claims Handler (€41,250, up 10%) and Senior Payroll Manager (€70,000, up 10%).
Demand for construction and property professionals has remained consistent through 2021, despite the industry taking a blow due to Covid restrictions.
Here are the top 20 salary increases in Ireland this year.
- Payroll Supervisor for a large/multinational company; €58,750.00, up 20.5%
- DevOps Manager; €95,000.00, up 18.8%
- Full Stack Developer; €76,000.00, up 16.9%
- Helpdesk/Service Desk Analyst; €35,000.00, up 16.7%
- Site Reliability Engineer, €75,000.00, up 15.4%
- DevOps Engineer; €75,000.00, up 15.4%
- CTO; €150,000.00, up 13.6%
- Front End Web Developer; €70,000.00, up 12.9%
- Revenue Accountant; €61,000.00, up 10.9%
- Health & Safety Manager with 4-5 years’ experience; €49,750.00, up 10.6%
- Architect Part I with no experience; €24,250.00, up 10.2%
- Senior Claims Handler; €41,250.00, up 10.0%
- Head of Development; €110,000.00, up 10.0%
- Senior Payroll Manager for a large/multinational company; €70,000.00, up 9.8%
- Network Engineer; €60,000.00, up 9.1%
- Health & Safety Manager with 6-10 years’ experience; €59,750.00, up 8.6%
- Junior Technologist, 1-2 years’ experience, Diploma/Degree qualified; €32,250.00, up 8.4%
- Transformation Director; €130,000.00, up 8.3%
- Health & Safety Advisor with 0-3 years’ experience; €36,250.00, up 8.2%
- Payroll Specialist; €41,750.00, up 7.7%
“The competition for talent has been a consistent theme across 2021 and we expect this to continue into the New Year," said Maureen Lynch, director at Hays Ireland.
"It has been well documented that we are operating in a candidate driven market and this is reflected in rising salaries across the board.
“The findings in our Hays Ireland Salary and Recruitment Trends Survey 2022 will come as welcome news to Irish-based professionals, particularly those in tech, finance and construction, who may be considering changing roles in 2022.
"From an employer perspective, it is important that we look to identify meaningful solutions to meeting the current demand for talent.
"The ability of employers to recruit and retain talent is integral to delivering upon their wider business objectives and at a more macro level, driving the fundamentals of a prosperous Irish economy into 2022 and beyond.”