Ireland vs. England: All the talking points, biggest moments and player ratings
The World Cup is getting closet, and the aul'd enemy is in town.
Ireland take on England in their final home World Cup wam-up match, and Keith Earls is set for his 100th Test cap. We've got all the big moments, reactions and Ireland player ratings from what should be a hotly contested affair.
Andy Farrell named his Ireland XV, on Thursday, and it was another strong selection. There was also a lot going on regarding Owen Farrell and the ban, no ban, possible ban saga, which his father called a 'disgusting circus'.
Follow our live match feed and check out all the big scores, player ratings and talking points RIGHT HERE:
James Ryan on Ireland England
Ahead of the match, Ireland captain James Ryan spoke about how the stakes are always higher against England.
"This has never been a warm-up game for us. It’s been very much a Test match, that’s the way we’ve prepared for this game all week," he told reporters, at Aviva Stadium.
"It’s obviously a lot of the guys’ first appearance of the summer, so it’s going to be tough but we’re not going to make any excuses.
"We need to make sure that we take a step forward for the group and we put in a performance that will give us confidence with the World Cup coming around the corner quickly. We’ll definitely need to bring our A-game."
- Ireland's World Cup chances inadvertently boosted after horror French and English injuries
- Roy Keane cracks jokes with Johnny Sexton and Andy Farrell at Ireland training camp
- Brian O'Driscoll in two minds on one massive call as he names his Irish Rugby World Cup squad
- 31 players are already locked in for Ireland's World Cup squad
- Behind-the-scenes footage of Ronan O'Gara team talk shows why his players have fully bought in