19-year-old dies after taking substance at music festival in Cork 2 weeks ago

19-year-old dies after taking substance at music festival in Cork

Very sad news.

A 19-year-old man who was hospitalised over the weekend after taking a substance at a Cork music festival has died.

The man was believed to have ingested a substance while attending the Indiependence music festival at Mitchelstown in Cork.

According to RTÉ, the man, who was from Clonmel in Tipperary, walked into the medical centre at the festival and complained of feeling unwell.

He was treated at the festival before being transferred to Cork University Hospital, where his condition deteriorated and he died.

On Friday, Independence organisers warned that a "bad batch of something" was going around at the festival.

In a post on social media, they discouraged festival-goers from taking anything they were unsure of.

"Welfare Message - We have reports of a bad batch of something in the campsite, do not consume any substances that you are unsure about, it has the potential to make you very sick," the warning read. "Please be careful and look after each other."