“End of an era,” the host wrote on social media.
The surprising announcement was made on Tuesday afternoon (7 November) on the radio station’s social channels.
Alongside a photo of the host, the station confirmed she presented her final show, stating:
“We want to wish the one and only Pamela Joyce the very best of luck as she finishes up her lunchtime show on Today FM.”
“We’ve loved every minute of the last few years Pam, you are one in a million.”
? We want to wish the one and only Pamela Joyce the very best of luck as she finishes up her lunchtime show on Today FM?️
We’ve loved every minute of the last few years Pam, you are one in a million ✨ pic.twitter.com/PNHYLgJ17j
— Today FM ? (@TodayFM) November 7, 2023
Pamela Joyce announces shock departure from Today FM show
And it was an emotional goodbye for Joyce as she bid farewell to her show.
In a post on her Instagram, the presenter wrote: “Currently bawling my eyes out.
“End of an era but it’s time to get home to Galway.”
Image via Instagtam/PamelaFJoyce
In a follow-up clip, she added: “Hey guys, I just want to say if you see a woman with a tear-stained face and a full fur coat and two bunches of tulips, you have nothing to be alarmed about.
“I’m just crying and rushing to my eyebrow appointment so it’s okay.”
Joyce took over the lunchtime slot on Today FM from Mairead Ronan in 2022, having previously hosted an evening show on the station.
The presenter has not yet revealed what her next career move will be.
Main image via Sasko Lazarov/Rollingnews.ie
- Teens killed in Donegal crash were reportedly returning home after night shift
- Israeli ambassador appearance at Fianna Fáil Ard Fheis sparks outrage
- Minister seeks “collective decision” from parents to ban smartphones from under 13s
- Marks & Spencer issue apology following Christmas ad controversy
- Irish band responds after Cork Opera House ended their gig early over ‘safety’ issue