The Top 25 schools in the country have been revealed
The Sunday Times has compiled their list of the Top 100 schools in the country and Limerick's Coláiste Laurel Hill, a non fee-paying, all-girls secondary school, has been ranked number one in the Republic of Ireland.
It is the second year at the top for the school, while Cork's all-boys Presentation Brothers College and all-girls Scoil Mhuire have been named numbers 2 and 3 respectively.
Meanwhile, Ireland's best mixed school was Galway's Coláiste Na Coiribe.
Kate Butler, who compiled the best school guide, said "Munster has generally been doing extremely well. Even though it has (only) half the population of Leinster, it has almost as many schools in our top 100. It's really impressive, punching above its weight. You see that in our top three - you have the Limerick school and the two schools located pretty close to each other in Cork city."
The Top 25, plus % of pupils going on to university.
1. Laurel Hill Colaiste FCJ, Sth Circular Rd, Limerick 92.4%
2. Presentation Brothers College, Mardyke, Cork 87.8%
3. Scoil Mhuire, Sidney Place, Cork 85.3%
4. Colaiste Iosagain, Booterstown, Co Dublin 85.2%
5. Gonzaga College, Ranelagh, Dublin 6 85.0%
6. Alexandra College, Milltown, Dublin 6 84.3%
7. Glenstal Abbey School, Murroe, Co Limerick (B only) 84.2%
8. Mount Anville Secondary School, Dublin 14 84.2%
9. Colaiste na Coiribe, Tuam Road, Galway 81.5%
10. Jesus & Mary Secondary School, Salthill, Galway 81.5%
11. Mount Mercy College, Model Farm Rd, Cork 80.2%
12. The Teresian School, Donnybrook, Dublin 4 79.2%
13. Christian Brothers College, Sidney Hill, Cork 79.1%
14. Colaiste An Phiarsaigh, Glanmire, Co Cork (B) 78.9%
15. Colaiste Iognaid SJ, Sea Rd, Galway 78.0%
16. Colaiste Ide, Dingle, Co Kerry (B only) 7.77%
17. Loreto College, St Stephen's Green, Dublin 2 77.2%
18. Colaiste Eoin, Booterstown, Co Dublin 76.9%
19. Loreto High School, Rathfarnham, Dublin 14 76.2%
20. Castleknock College, Castleknock, Dublin 15 76.0%
21. Clongowes Wood College, Clane, Co Limerick (B only) 75.1%
22. Holy Child Secondary School, Killiney, Co Dublin 74.6%
23. Rathdown School, Glenageary, Co Dublin (B) 73.6%
24. Belvedere College, Great Denmark St, Dublin 1 73.3%
25. St Michael's College, Ailesbury Road, Dublin 4 73.0%
Hat-tip to The Sunday Times