Maria Bailey confirms she has been removed from FG ticket in Dún Laoghaire
Bailey confirmed the news on Thursday night.
Maria Bailey has confirmed that she has been deselected as a candidate for Dún Laoghaire Rathdown in the next General Election.
On Thursday night, Bailey issued a statement on her Twitter account saying that she had been "deleted as a candidate for the next general election" by the Taoiseach.
This comes following a case that attracted huge attention, where Bailey lodged a personal injuries claim against The Dean Hotel in Dublin after she fell off a swing in the popular Sophie's Bar. She later withdrew the case.
In her statement, she said that an An Taoiseach had previously told her that he considered the matter closed, and that he "wanted us all to move on".
Her statement read: "I am disappointed that the National Executive have come to this decision, which I will now take time to reflect on.
"My personal injury case which dates back to 2015 was prior to me becoming a TD: however, I was a Fine Gael Councillor at the time."
She continued: "This evening at 5pm I received a copy of a letter from An Taoiseach that my deslection was now being proposed under rule 44A of the Fine Gael constitution.
"An Taoiseach has now decided to sanction me again and I have been deleted as a candidate for the next general election in the Constituency of Dun Laoghaire."
Her statement in full can be read here:
— Maria Bailey (@MariaBaileyFG) November 14, 2019