Roy Keane scores winning goal past Micah Richards in ITV v BBC pundits match
Keane never celebrated a goal like that during his playing career.
Roy Keane scored the winning goal in a match between ITV and BBC pundits at the World Cup in Qatar. The Irishman then celebrated by taking off his shirt and celebrating with his teammates.
The World Cup was on a rest day ahead of the quarter-finals, and the two sets of pundits and staff took on each other in a friendly match.
Keane, who turned 51 in August, scored the 'golden goal' winner past Micah Richards.
A day off for the @ITVSport team today in Doha so of course we played football 😅
So enjoy this glorious moment as Roy Keane scores the golden goal against none other than special guest @MicahRichards 🙌
Fancy a rematch @BBCSport? 👀 pic.twitter.com/zEwqt3sX5i
— ITV Football (@itvfootball) December 7, 2022
Earlier this week, Keane criticised the Brazil team for their dancing celebrations during their 4-1 victory over South Korea, saying:
"If they don't like it, we don't have much to do. Let's keep scoring goals and dancing. It is a group that is happy to score, to win the victory and the goal. Everyone makes their own choice, what they have to do is respect it."
Keane, however, didn't perform any dances after he scored his goal.
- Roy Keane cracks up ITV pundits with description of Senegal supporters
- Shay Given on how far Ireland could've gone at the 2002 World Cup with Roy Keane in the team
- The problem with Jordan Henderson and England's midfield
While you're here, why not try some of our World Cup quizzes?
- The FootballJOE Qatar World Cup 2022 Geography Quiz.
- SportsJOE's World Cup Quiz: Brazil 2014.
- Teammates XI Quiz: Italy - 2006 World Cup Final.
- QUIZ: Name the all-time leading scorers from each 2022 World Cup country.
- QUIZ: Name the 2018 World Cup Goalscorers