GTA V has already made a big pile of money and broken six Guinness world records
Most of you have this game by now, so here are the facts and figures behind its record-breaking success
We all knew that Grand Theft Auto V was going to be a big game, but it really is a mammoth release at this stage after it was announced that it has already broken six world records after just three weeks on the market.
The game's opening day was where it scooped a few of the records, raking in £511.8 milion (over €600 million), making it the best-selling video game and the highest grossing entertainment product in that period.
It broke the £1 billion mark after just three days making it the fastest entertainment property to hit that target, so here's the list of the records it now has:
1. Best-selling action-adventure videogame in 24 hours
2. Best-selling videogame in 24 hours
3. Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion
4. Fastest videogame to gross $1 billion
5. Highest grossing videogame in 24 hours
6. Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
7. Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure videogame
Increasingly, games are showing themselves to be just as, if not more profitable than films, and with the release of another hotly anticipated title in the Call of Duty franchise just around the corner, there could be more records broken soon.
It's not even been out a month yet, and it's already sitting pretty at number 12 in the list of best-selling games of all time, so we reckon it might well reach the top before too long with Christmas not too far away now.
Hat-tip to Digital Spy for the rundown on the records