How to take that perfect Instagram picture
Brought to you by Samsung
Nail that Instagram picture and take the plaudits.
Samsung have launched the brand new Galaxy A9 Smartphone and it's the first quad camera smartphone in the world. So taking great picture has just got easier.
Many people strive for that perfect picture to post on their social media platforms. It's never easy, but with a few helpful tips, we can increase your chances of nailing it!
We asked Kymann Power , a professional photographer, a social media master, for his advice on taking the perfect picture and he gave us some pointers.
- Composition - Composition is one of the most important elements to take into consideration when starting out. Try different angles when shooting your subject. Get low to the ground or find a high vantage point. The more angles you try the easier it will be for you to identify that perfect shot.
- Improvise with your surroundings - As you can see in the photo below I made use of the puddle reflection in this shot. Scout your environment and see what might come in useful. It's good to experiment. Don't worry if it doesn't work out, it's all about figuring out what does and doesn't work.
- Use different features - With the Samsung Galaxy A9 there are four different cameras so test each one out in different scenarios. As you can see in the photo below I made use of the Live Focus behind a Christmas tree with the main focus on the subject in the back. This created a nice blur on the branch of the tree highlighting the depth between the two objects.
- Editing - So you've taken your photos and caught the right angle. Now it's time to get editing. Two of my favourite apps to use are Snapseed and VSCO. They offer a variety of different filters and you can also adjust more specific aspects of your photos. I always use the less is more approach but the more you edit the better you will become.
- Be patient and keep shooting - You will not become a professional photographer overnight. Like any craft, it takes time to develop your skills. The most important tip of all is to keep shooting and editing. Repeat the process over and over. In time you will get stronger and stronger. Using the Samsung Galaxy A9 is a brilliant way to start learning and I would highly recommend it to anyone who has an interest in photography.
So there you have it. A few tips from someone who knows what they are talking about when it comes to photography. Practise makes perfect, but soon enough, you'll be the envy of your mates online with your superior camera skills and sudden influx of new followers.
The Samsung Galaxy A9 is the world's first quad camera smartphone. The Galaxy A9 features the world’s first quad smartphone camera to capture life the way it was meant to be seen. Its intelligent camera system gives you four times the functionality for whatever the occasion. Now you can capture with confidence when inspiration strikes. The Galaxy A9 is the world’s first quad camera with Ultra Wide Camera, Telephoto Camera, 24MP Camera and Depth Camera that give you the confidence to shoot on various occasions. It also features Scene Optimiser and Flaw Detection, so you can start capturing enhanced images straight away.
Brought to you by Samsung