Wikipedia reveal their top 25 most viewed pages of 2019
What have we been learning about this year?
No matter what your college professors tell you, Wikipedia is actually a pretty valuable resource for anyone who wants to learn about pretty much everything, so much so that it's kind of hard to imagine what people did before it.
In a blog post this week, Wikipedia published a list of its top 10 most visited pages of the year, and there was a strong skew towards movies and television.
Indeed, even the searches that aren't explicitly about movie stars or actors are clearly influenced by movies or TV shows of the past year — such as Bohemian Rhapsody, The Ted Bundy Tapes and Chernobyl.
- Avengers: Endgame, 43,847,319 pageviews
- Deaths in 2019, 36,916,847 pageviews
- Ted Bundy, 29,062,988 pageviews
- Freddie Mercury, 26,858,123 pageviews
- Chernobyl disaster, 25,195,814 pageviews
- List of highest-grossing films, 24,547,640 pageviews
- Joker (2019 film), 22,062,357 pageviews
- List of Marvel Cinematic Universe films, 21,467,603 pageviews
- Billie Eilish, 19,638,478 pageviews
- Keanu Reeves, 16,622,576 pageviews
- Jeffrey Epstein, 15,905,486
- Game of Thrones (season 8), 15,643,215
- Captain Marvel (film), 15,631,936
- Game of Thrones, 15,252,675
- Elizabeth II, 14,808,717
- List of Bollywood films of 2019, 14,213,919
- United States, 13,981,783
- Donald Trump, 13,961,113
- Spider-Man: Far From Home, 13,468,700
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, 12,958,871
- YouTube, 12,537,494
- 2019 in film, 11,338,657
- Nipsey Hussle, 11,308,502
- Jason Momoa, 11,304,629
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, 11,000,322
Other big news stories and cultural figures are also present — such as Jeffrey Epstein, the billionaire sex offender who died under circumstances while in prison, and Queen Elizabeth II, whose health has been the source of speculation this year.
You actually see a comprehensive list of the whole top 5,000 here.