
Uncategorized

Share
10th September 2011
11:04am BST

Kerry are likely to be without midfielder Seamus Scanlon for the All-Ireland final clash with Dublin next weekend.
Scanlon was in hospital in Limerick earlier this week for treatment on a benign cyst on his neck, a problem that originally surfaced during the Munster championship encounter against Tipperary back in May.
He had the cyst drained and treated last week, but it is believed that he will not be fit to feature on Sunday week and that he has been told by surgeons that the problem will eventually require surgery to correct.
Scanlon didn’t participate in a two-day training camp in Fota Island last weekend and was also missing for a behind-closed doors A vs B clash in Killarney last night. Kingdom boss Jack O’Connor is said to be already planning to be without the 2009 All-Star for what should be a mouth-watering clash with the Dubs.
Despite worries about the quality of current pairing Bryan Sheehan and Anthony Maher, Kerry have coped well in the midfield sector so far this season, but with Scanlon absent, the alternative midfield options available to O’Connor are severely limited.
With that in mind, it has been suggested that Daniel Bohan and Shane Enright are in line to come in instead of Eoin Brosnan at centre-half back. Brosnan has plenty of experience in midfield for Kerry and the fact that he is not a natural centre back has caused concern for the management so far this season.
Kerry under-21 star Johnny Buckley could also be used to provide cover if Scanlon fails to recover in time. Scanlon aside, the Kerry camp are reporting no fresh injury concerns for the decider, their first All-Ireland final clash with the Dubs since 1985.

Picture: The Buckfast GAA jersey - Joe.ie | Joe.ie
uncategorized

Five great Irish soccer songs - Joe.ie | Joe.ie
uncategorized
AXA and ISM competition terms and conditions

Uncategorized