The salaries for players in the MLS have been revealed and Robbie Keane isn't in the top five
I need a dollar dollar, a dollar is what I need...
The Major League Soccer Players Union have made all the nosey parkers in the world of football very happy by releasing the salaries of every player in the MLS. Sure, doesn't everyone love to know how much someone they know is on.
Irish interest in football in the States has rocketed over the past few seasons mostly because of Robbie Keane's move to LA Galaxy and also because of the number of household names playing there like Thierry Henry, Tim Cahill and Jermaine Defoe.
So, what are all these foreign imports on and most importantly, who is earning the most?
Well, Robbie Keane is the sixth highest paid player in the league as he rakes in $4.5 million per year which isn't too bad considering he gets to spend that money in sunny California.
Here's a run down of the top 10 and with some familiar names making the list.
- Kaka, Orlando City: $7.17 million
- Clint Dempsey, Seattle Sounders: $6.7 million
- Michael Bradley, Toronto FC: $6.5 million
- Jermain Defoe, Toronto FC: $6.18 million
- Landon Donovan, Los Angeles Galaxy: $4.58 millio
- Robbie Keane, Los Angeles Galaxy: $4.5 million
- Thierry Henry, New York Red Bulls: $4.35 million
- Tim Cahill, New York Red Bulls: $3.63 million
- Jermaine Jones, New England Revolution: $3.25 million
- Marco Di Vaio, Montreal Impact: $2.6 million
If you put Keane up against anyone on that list, he's definitely the best value for money especially when he's putting in performances like he did against New York Red Bulls at the weekend.