2 years ago
Pure and Simple Recipe of the Day: Cauliflower fried rice
A delicious healthy treat.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 75g of corn either fresh or frozen
- 75g of peas either fresh or frozen
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 30g of cashews, almonds, or other nut
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, discarding the tough inner core. Working in batches, pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it breaks down into rice-sized pieces. You should have about a kilo of cauliflower "rice."
- Whisk the eggs and pour them into the pan. Quickly scramble the eggs or make an omelette. Transfer the eggs to a cutting board and roughly chop into pieces.
- Wipe the pan clean and warm 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the ginger and garlic, and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the carrots and sauté until crisp-tender, 2 minutes.
- Stir the corn, peas, and cauliflower "rice" into the pan, mixing the ingredients thoroughly.
- Lower the heat to medium, cover the pan, and cook until the cauliflower is tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in the eggs, green onions, cashews, and 2 tablespoons soy sauce.