2 years ago
Pure and Simple Recipe of the Day: Spiced Pork Chops with Butternut Squash
Fancy trying out this delicious and nutritious meal?
- Cooking spray
- Four centre-cut loin pork chops
- 5ml of pumpkin pie spice
- 2ml of freshly ground black pepper
- 1ml of salt
- 1 butternut squash
- 250ml of chopped onion
- 60ml of water
- Heat a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat and cover the base with the cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper and spice evenly on the pork chops.
- Throw them into the pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes each side untill done. Take them out and keep them warm.
- Coat the pan again with the cooking spray and add the squash. Cover it and cook for about seven minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onion and cook for another five minutes but stirring frequently. Then add the water until it evaporates.
- Add the squash mixture to the pork chops and hey presto, you've got yourself a lovely meal.
- Eat it and marvel at your wondrous cooking skills.