Willoughby presented the show for over 14 years.
Holly Willoughby has announced that she is quitting This Morning after 14 years.
Willoughby has announced that she is quitting the show “for me and my family.”
The presenter, 42, said it was an “honour to just be part of its story” but that she feels “I have to make this decision for me and my family” in a social media post on Tuesday.
It comes after a 36-year-old man was questioned by detectives last week about an alleged plot to kidnap Willoughby.
In a post to Instagram, she wrote:
“I have let ITV know today that after 14 years, I will not be returning to This Morning.
“To everyone who has ever worked on the show over the years, thank you so so much. This is such a difficult goodbye, you are incredible and I forever will be proud of what we’ve done together.
“Thank you to everyone at ITV for being supportive. To every guest who has sat on our sofa, thank you. Most of all, thank you to the wonderful viewers. You’ve been so loyal, so supportive and the very best company every day.
“Richard and Judy said we only look after this show, it will always belong to the viewers’. It’s been an honour to just be part of it’s story and I know this story has many chapters left to go. Sadly, however, I now feel I have to make this decision for me and my family.
“I will miss you all so much.”
View this post on Instagram