Robert De Niro reveals name of newborn daughter
By Charlie Herbert
She is the Hollywood legend's seventh child.
Robert De Niro has announced his newborn daughter’s name after welcoming her with his partner.
Earlier in the week, De Niro revealed he had become a father to a seventh child during an interview with ET Canada to promote his new movie About My Father.
When asked about parenting techniques, the two-time Oscar winner corrected the interviewer after she said he had six children, explaining that he had “just had a baby.”
At the time, the actor did not reveal any more information about the newborn at the time. However, we now know both the name of the newest member of the De Niro brood and who her mother is.
Speaking to CBS Mornings host Gayle King, the Taxi Driver star said Gia Virginia Chen-De Niro was born on Thursday, 6 April, weighing 8 pounds and 6 ounces.
Robert De Niro and his partner Tiffany Chen welcomed Gia Virginia Chen-De Niro in early April — and now, she’s making her national TV debut on #CBSMornings. https://t.co/OJJxGcEKlU pic.twitter.com/opiFRpWkRs
— CBS Mornings (@CBSMornings) May 11, 2023
As the name suggests, De Niro welcomed Gia Virginia with his partner Tiffany Chen.
The actor also told King that the baby was "planned” and that both him and Chen were “over the moon.”
“She was brought here by love,” King said De Niro told her in their phone call.
- Titles and plot details revealed for Black Mirror Season 6 episodes
- One of the best movies of 2023 so far has just been added to Prime Video
- One of 2023's best shows finally has an Irish release date
- Silo is the best new show on TV right now
- We now have an Irish release date for the return of one of the best shows on TV
- A surprising Nicolas Cage movie is getting an out-of-nowhere sequel
- Colm Meaney on his next film being like 'an Irish Avengers'
- Sharon Horgan gives searingly honest update on Bad Sisters sequel
- Andrew Scott on the pressure of playing one of literature's great villains