Crystal Ski Holidays’ essential packing list for your ski holiday this winter
Heading on a ski holiday over the next few months and haven’t a clue what to pack? Don’t worry, Crystal Ski Holidays have your back.
As they’re fond of saying in the popular fantasy TV show Game of Thrones, ‘winter is coming’. In the show itself that line is always uttered with a sense of foreboding but as far as we’re concerned, it means looking forward to Christmas and, more importantly, to the thought of hitting the slopes late this year or in the early months of 2014.
Snow will soon be falling across the Northern hemisphere’s resorts and the slopes are opening and getting ready to welcome this season’s skiers and boarders.
Crystal Ski Holidays were busy counting down to the winter season even when we were enjoying the rare but very welcome spell of lovely weather in late July and early August, so before you drop everything and run for the hills (totally unprepared), you should pay attention to what they say you should have on your check list before beginning preparations for your ski holiday in 2013/14.
It’s a combination of advice from their keenest skiers and boarders at Crystal Product and crowd-sourced ideas from Crystal Ski Buzz Blog readers and Crystal Ski’s Twitter followers.
As a result, it’s (probably) the most extensive kit list ever created.
It’s also useful for planning your next trip or great for gift ideas for any keen skier/boarder (just in case your girlfriend happens to be reading this or just in case you
entirely on purpose accidentally send her a link to this article with the items you desire highlighted in capital letters).
Essential ski/snowboard holiday items
- Ski/snowboard jacket
- Ski/snowboard trousers (some people call them “salopettes”)
- Mid-layer (preferably a microfleece)
- Base Layers (x2 sets minimum): for wicking away the moisture from your body
- Ski socks (x2 pairs minimum)
- Ski Gloves
- Hat (make sure it’s snug and covers your ears)
- Goggles: crucial when it’s snowing
- Sun cream (SPF 25 minimum) *We cannot stress this enough * Bring sun cream!
- Lip balm
- Your passport *Please don’t call us from the airport without this!*
- Travel Insurance (with winter sports cover)
- Paperwork: travel insurance, tickets etc.
- Cash/credit card: for the inevitable “après ski”.
- European Health Insurance Card (EHIC): get State healthcare at a reduced cost or sometimes for free within the European Economic Area (EEA)
- Continental travel adaptor plug
Crystal Ski have taken care of the Lift Pass - Book a 7 night package to a selection of Crystal Ski Holiday resorts before 21st October, and when you buy one lift pass you will get another one for half price!
For more information, call into Crystal Ski Holidays, 18-19 Duke Street, Dublin 2, give them a call on (01) 433 1010 or visit their website.