These 30 Irish pubs have been named in the 2018 Michelin Guide for 'Eating Out In Pubs'
This is our kind of pub crawl.
Thirty Irish pubs have been listed in Michelin's 'Eating Out In Pubs' guide for 2018. Down has seven establishments on the list while Clare and Cork have four each.
Kildare comes next in line with three followed by Connacht neighbours, Mayo and Galway, who each have two and Antrim, Leitrim, Louth, Sligo, Tipperary and Wexford all have one.
There is one newcomer on the list and that is Bull & Ram in Ballynahinch in Co. Down which is one of the magnificent seven pubs on the list for the northern county.
Lisdoonvarna's Wild Honey Inn remains on the list but this year was a very special year for the pub as it became the first pub in Ireland to ever receive a Michelin Star.
All this talk of beautiful food is making us hungry so we're just going to crack on with the list:
- Billy Andy's (Mounthill, near Larne)
- Morrissey’s (Doonbeg)
- Vaughan’s Anchor Inn (Liscannor)
- Wild Honey Inn (Lisdoonvarna)
- Linnane’s Lobster Bar (New Quay)
- Poacher’s Inn (Bandon)
- Deasy’s (Clonakilty)
- Cronin’s (Crosshaven)
- Toddies at The Bulman (Kinsale)
- Bull & Ram (Ballynahinch)
- Pheasant (Annahilt)
- Poacher’s Pocket (Comber)
- Parson’s Nose (Hillsborough)
- Plough Inn (Hillsborough)
- Pier 36 (Donaghadee)
- Balloo House (Killinchy).
- Old Spot (Ballsbridge)
- Chop House (Ballsbridge)
- Moran’s Oyster Cottage (Kilcolgan)
- O’Dowd’s (Roundstone)
- Harte’s (Kildare)
- Ballymore Inn (Ballymore Eustace)
- Fallon’s (Kilcullen)
- Oarsman (Carrick-on-Shannon)
- Fitzpatricks (Jenkinstown)
- The Tavern (Murrisk)
- Sheebeen (Westport)
- Hargadons (Sligo Town)
- Larkins (Garrykennedy)
- Lobster Pot (Carne)
Published today (27 October), the Michelin ‘Eating Out In Pubs’ guide 2018 is priced at €16.99 and is now available in bookshops and online.