PICS: Are you clever enough to solve this brain teaser?
This may frustrate some of you.
Brain teasers and sudoku are a handy way of giving your brain some exercise now and again, but are you clever enough to figure out this tricky conundrum?
Posted on Quora, it's been giving a lot of people problems...
The objective is to arrange the four squares made with toothpicks into three perfect squares using only three moves.
The following rules apply:
- One move classifies as moving one toothpick in any manner.
- A perfect square is one in which all four corners are closed (i.e. the toothpicks are touching).
- You cannot break or otherwise modify a toothpick.
- You cannot put two toothpicks right next to each other and count that as one side.
- You must use exactly three moves as mentioned above. No less, no more.
- All three squares must be of the same size.
- Every toothpick must be part of a square.
Best of luck and if you want the solution, scroll down this page...
Did you solve it?