Video: Aussie bloke creates full-sized car and working engine using Lego
The Super Awesome Micro Project is actually pretty big, but it is super awesome…
Steve Sammartino, an entrepreneur and “marketing guy” from Melbourne, Australia, is the man behind the Super Awesome Micro Project, which consists of full-scale hot rod and a working engine that have been built from Lego…
However, Steve didn’t complete the project all on his own. Accompanying him was a 20-year-old self-taught technology genius from Romania who Steve met on the internet, called Raul Oaida, along with 40 Aussie investors.
Safe to say it’s an incredibly cool piece of kit and it only gets cooler when you find out a few facts about the Super Awesome Micro Project…
- More than 500,000 LEGO pieces were used.
- The car engine is made from standard Lego pieces and runs on air
- The engine has four orbital engines and a total of 256 pistons.
- Top speed is around 20-30km
- It was built in Romania and shipped to a secret location in suburban Melbourne.
- It’s a Hot Rod design, mainly because hot rods are cool.