Caroline Flack quits Love Island following assault charge
"Love Island has been my world."
Caroline Flack has confirmed that she is quitting Love Island.
The presenter, who has been a part of the show since it returned to ITV in 2015, said that she has decided to "stand down" from the upcoming series.
She took to Instagram on Tuesday morning to confirm the news.
"There have been a significant number of media reports and allegations in regards to my personal life," she said.
"While matters were not as have been reported, I am committed to cooperating with the appropriate authorities and I can’t comment further on these matters until the legal process is over."
"However, Love Island has been my world for the last five years, it’s the best show on telly."
"In order not to detract attention from the upcoming series I feel the best thing I can do is stand down for series six. I want to wish the incredible team working on the show a fantastic series in Cape Town."
Flack's departure from the show comes after she was arrested and charged with assault last week following an altercation with boyfriend Lewis Burton.
The presenter added that she has "never experienced such kindness and love in my whole life" since.
"Not just from friends and family who are always the greatest, but also from total strangers who send messages to me offering help and understanding.
"Please know that I see them. And my boyfriend, Lewis, I love you."
According to reports, Burton will not be pressing charges against Flack.
Winter Love Island is due to air in early January 2020.