'It’s news to me' - The Long Hall's manager shuts down Euphoria filming rumours
"I’m confused as to where it has come from."
Irish Euphoria fans have been understandably excited since rumours began circulating that the cast of the show would be landing in Dublin to shoot its third season.
Several locations around the city centre were reported as potential spots for filming, including Georges Street, The Long Hall Pub and the famed Coppers nightclub on Harcourt Street.
However, Marcus Houlihan, the manager of The Long Hall on Georges Street, has come out and shut down the rumours surrounding the venue on Monday (8 July).
He said he has not been contacted about filming by the hit teen drama's producers yet, describing the rumours as "news to me".
However, he did state that his daughters are big fans of Zendaya and that he would not say no to the offer should it come through the door.
“We have had no approach from anybody to do it. I’ve had no contact from anyone in production,” he told the Irish Independent.
“I’m confused as to where it has come from. It’s news to me as well. I have two daughters that are massive Zendaya fans so if it was happening, you’d know all about it.
“We did a film called An Awfully Big Adventure with Hugh Grant in it 20 years ago,” he added.
Renowned nightclub, Copper Face Jacks, is also tipped to be a filming location for the HBO drama.
Although this has not been confirmed, the nightclub posted on Instagram over the weekend: “BREAKING NEWS: The Euphoria crew shoot season 3 at Coppers!
“The girls get a table, bottles are flowing, Rue and Jules soak in the tunes on the dance floor while Maddie and Cassie cause a scene in the girls’ toilets.”
Euphoria production staff have yet to confirm or deny any of the rumours and cast members have not hinted at a trip to the Emerald Isle as of yet.
- Here are all of the 2023 IFTA winners
- Sharon Horgan gives searingly honest update on Bad Sisters sequel
- Andrew Scott on the pressure of playing one of literature's great villains
- Stephen Rea makes no secret of his dislike of The Late Late Show
- It took longer than expected, but an influencer horror movie is here
- Ireland has a new highest ever box office grossing writer/director
- Brad Pitt to follow in Tom Cruise's footsteps with upcoming Formula One blockbuster
- New trailer for Oppenheimer is guaranteed to give you goosebumps