Get ready for an emotional goodbye with the new GOTG3 trailer
"Are you ready for one last ride?"
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - the final outing for the current team of Guardians - premiered an epic new trailer during the Super Bowl.
Set to '70s band Rainbow's classic rendition of 'Since You Been Gone', the teaser is as funny and emotional as you would expect from the space opera franchise, while also preparing viewers to say goodbye to the ragtag group of lovable outlaws.
The movie will see the titular team, led by Peter Quill (Chris Pratt), adjusting to life on the space station Knowhere as a threat from the past of Rocket Raccoon (voiced by Bradley Cooper) resurfaces.
As such, Quill must lead the Guardians on a dangerous mission to protect Rocket, a quest that "could lead to the team dissolving".
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will also see the return of Gamora (Zoe Saldaña), another Guardians member and Quill's lover who died during Avengers: Infinity War.
However, due to the time travel antics of Avengers: Endgame, a younger version of the character - who has never met Quill - is back.
In the latest trailer, we get glimpses of the pair reunited, as well as a further look at some new characters.
These include the movie's villain, the High Evolutionary (Chukwudi Iwuji, Peacemaker), and Adam Warlock (Will Poulter, Midsommar) as a powerful artificial creation that may either prove a friend or a foe to the Guardians.
Returning writer-director James Gunn has previously stated that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will be the "last time people will see this team of Guardians".
“This is the end for us... I just want to be true to the characters, the story and give people the wrap-up that they deserve for the story," he told the Hero Nation podcast.
"That’s always a little bit scary; I’m doing my best. I’m aware that the third film in most trilogies sucks; not always."
In the new trailer, Quill can be heard telling the gang: "Are you ready for one last ride?", while Rocket says: "We'll all fly away together into the forever and beautiful sky."
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 lands in Irish cinemas on 5 May. You can check out the trailer below.
- Epic trailer for The Flash reveals full return of Michael Keaton as Batman
- Fast X's first trailer reveals how Jason Momoa's villain is linked to previous franchise baddie
- One of the biggest horror hits of recent years has just been added to Prime Video
- Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are making a movie about U2's landmark Sarajevo concert
- Idris Elba is on the run and on the hunt in action-packed new look at the Luther movie
- Netflix provides more clarity on incoming account restrictions
- You Season 4 Part One puts the "fun" back into fundamentally problematic
- Magic Mike's Last Dance is about how horny we all are after the pandemic