Contestants announced for I’m A Celebrity 2023
The announcement was made on Saturday Night Takeaway
The celebrity lineup for the first ever series of an all-star I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here has been announced.
I’m A Celebrity…South Africa will see some of the most iconic former contestants from the show battle it out to become the first ever ‘I’m A Celebrity Legend.’
— ITV (@ITV) March 25, 2023
The series had been confirmed in September last year, when hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly posted a video from South Africa about the “worst kept secret in television.”
They said: “South Africaaaaaaa! That’s right, we’re filming a very special version of I’m A Celebrity in South Africa which is coming to your tellies in 2023.”
In the clip, they both said: “We’ve got news.” Donnelly then says:
“It’s probably the worst kept secret in television, but we can confirm we’re doing a very special series of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! in South Africa!”
On Saturday night (March 25), the pair shared some exciting news with viewers on Saturday Night Takeaway, as it was announced who’d be taking part in the series after months of rumours.
And the full-lineup is as follows:
- Boxing Champion – Amir Khan
- Diversity Dancer & DJ – Jordan Banjo
- Former Coronation Street star – Helen Flanagan
- TV Presenter – Carol Vorderman
- Olympic Athlete – Fatima Whitbread
- Former Royal Butler – Paul Burrell
- Ex-England Cricketer – Phil Tufnell
- Supermodel – Janice Dickinson
- Music Legend – Shaun Ryder
— I'm A Celebrity... (@imacelebrity) March 25, 2023
'A uniquely different' I'm A Celebrity series
The series has already been filmed in South Africa, so there will be no public voting during the series, but that aside it seems like viewers will be treated to all the usual I’m A Celeb fare.
And fans can expect plenty more former campmates to be joining throughout the series, but they’ll have to tune in to find out who they are and when they will be arriving.
Teasing the new series, ITV said: “I’m A Celebrity…South Africa is a brand new show which sees the return of some of the most memorable campmates from I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! in the brand new setting of South Africa.
“They survived the Australian jungle, but South Africa is an even harder proposition which will push them to their limits and test them like never before. The challenges are bigger and tougher and the environment harsher and more unforgiving.
“Whilst nodding back to the Australian jungle, I’m A Celebrity…South Africa is a uniquely different series so viewers can look forward to lots of unexpected twists and turns.”
The show will air next month on ITV1 and ITVX.
- Scrubs creator says reunion movie is "inevitable"
- Ben Affleck and Matt Damon had another huge star in mind for Robin Williams' Good Will Hunting role
- Bella Ramsey reveals when fans of The Last of Us can expect the second season
- Peaky Blinders creator set to write a new Star Wars movie