Netflix reveals who the follow up to its Dahmer series will focus on
The true crime anthology drama show will undergo a name change.
Netflix has revealed who will be the focus of season two of its true crime anthology series Monster.
Created by Ryan Murphy and Ian Brennan (The Watcher) and named Dahmer - Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story, the first season was released last September. It centred around the titular serial killer (Evan Peters) and the 17 murders he committed between 1978 and 1991.
Though it ultimately received mixed reviews from critics, the series was a huge hit for the streaming service - reaching one billion view hours in its first 60 days. Peters also went on to win a Golden Globe award for his performance as Dahmer.
Based on the strength of its viewing numbers, Netflix renewed Monster weeks after its premiere for two more installments. In doing so, it stated that the show would become "an anthology series that follows other notorious figures who left their mark on society".
Now, the streamer has stated that the second season will be titled Monsters: The Lyle and Erik Menendez Story. It will focus on the two American brothers who in 1996 were convicted of the murders of their parents José and Mary Louise 'Kitty' Menendez.
As well as this, Netflix has stated that it has exclusive access to Lyle and Erik Menendez for a forthcoming documentary feature.
On top of unveiling the above story details, the streamer released a teaser trailer for Monster season two. It said that audiences can expect to see the project sometime in 2024. No casting details have been announced as of yet.
You can watch the teaser for Monsters: The Lyle and Erik Menendez Story right here:
- 40 years ago today, one of the most stylish movies of all time hit cinemas
- A movie version of one of the most violent novels of all time is in the works
- New comedy-drama from Oscar-winning filmmaker should be must-watch for sports movie lovers
- JOE's Succession Power Rankings - Living+
- REVIEW: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3 is a suitably fun-but-messy trilogy closer
- Top Boy's final season featuring Barry Keoghan gets trailer from Netflix
- The new Blade movie has landed a VERY interesting writer
- Pedro Pascal set to be next addition to the incredible Gladiator 2 cast