Cue that amazing theme song.
The first cast member has been announced for The White Lotus season three and it is an actress we have already seen in the series.
First reported by Variety before being confirmed by the actress herself, Natasha Rothwell will be reprising her role from season one as Belinda Lindsey. Fans of the show will remember Belinda as the empathetic and kind spa manager at the Hawaiian White Lotus resort who over the course of the first season wound up developing a complicated relationship with Tanya McQuoid (Jennifer Coolidge), one of her clientele.
In an Instagram post, Rothwell said of her White Lotus return:
“My heart is full! Words cannot even begin to express how excited, grateful and humbled I am to have the chance to breathe life into Belinda once again. Thank you for the outpouring of love and support today. I am overwhelmed, overjoyed and over the f*****g moon!”
View this post on Instagram
The White Lotus Season 3 casting
Rothwell received an Emmy nomination for her work in season one of The White Lotus. On top of the acclaimed anthology comedy-drama, the actress has also had roles in another HBO series with Insecure, as well as the blockbusters Sonic the Hedgehog and its sequel and Wonder Woman 1984.
Meanwhile, it has been reported that The White Lotus is heading to Thailand for its much-anticipated third season. That setting would align with its creator Mike White’s comments immediately after the series’ shocking second season finale. At the time, he told Deadline:
“The first season we highlighted money and then the second season is sex and I think the third season, it would be maybe a kind of satirical and funny look at death in Eastern religion and spirituality.
“It feels like it could be a rich tapestry to do another round at White Lotus.”
- New Stephen King adaptation had to be re-edited because it was too scary
- Martin Scorsese’s next movie is so long we hope it has an intermission
- Matt Damon and Pedro Pascal join cast of crime comedy movie from Oscar-winning filmmaker
- Netflix have just added an extremely bingeable thriller series
- Avengers: Infinity War reportedly has a 45-minute deleted scene involving Thanos
- John Wick prequel TV show will have similar structure to another classic series
- The biggest musical of recent years is finally coming to Dublin
- AI used to create a ‘lost’ Oasis record (and it’s actually pretty good)