The following items are banned from Longitude this weekend
Take note if you're attending...
Increased security protocols have been a feature at major concerts in Ireland this summer and this weekend at Longitude will be no different.
We already saw the extensive and almost ridiculous list of items banned from the Guns N' Roses gig in Slane a few weeks ago.
It seems the increased security at gigs in Ireland is set to continue as the list of banned items at the gigs were released by promoters ahead of the Marlay Park festival.
Large bags and backpacks will not be allowed in to the festival, only small bags measuring no bigger than A4 (8.27in/21cm x 11.7in/29.7cm) will be permitted into the event. Bags smaller than A4 will be searched on entry, to avoid lengthy queues organisers strongly advise that you do not bring a bag.
They've also warned you'll be searched at the entrance to the event which may include a full body pat down and/or use of hand held metal detectors. Any item which may be reasonably considered for use as a weapon, or which may cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event, will be confiscated.
People who are intoxicated will also be refused entry into the gig and there will be a strict NO Alcohol Policy implemented on all public transport and private buses travelling to the venue.
The full list of banned items is below...
- Large bags and backpacks will not be allowed in to the event, only small bags measuring no bigger than A4 (8.27in/21cm x 11.7in/29.7cm) will be permitted.
- Fold up chairs (Garden furniture) or shooting sticks, umbrellas, selfie sticks, flares/fireworks, laser pens, megaphone/air horns, aerosols, spray cans, smoke & gas canisters, nitrous oxide & any associated equipment, glass, drones, Chinese lanterns, sound systems, unofficial tabards/high viz.
- Illegal/unidentifiable substances, “legal highs”, herbal highs or NoS.
- Anything that can be perceived as a weapon or which could cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event.
- Professional cameras with a detachable lens, recording equipment or Go Pro’s.
- Note that catering and bar facilities are available inside the venue. NO ALCOHOL OR DRINKS are permitted to be brought into the venue with the exception of up to 500ml of soft drinks in a sealed plastic bottle.
- Animals with the exception of guide dogs.
- Excessive amounts of cigarettes.
Banned items will be confiscated and will not be returned.