The following items will be banned from Arcade Fire and The 1975 gigs next week
Take note if you're attending...
There are two big gigs taking place in Malahide Castle next week as both Arcade Fire and The 1975 will be playing shows there.
We already saw the extensive and almost ridiculous list of items banned from the Guns N' Roses gig in Slane a couple of weeks ago.
It seems the increased security at gigs in Ireland is set to continue as the list of banned items at the gigs were released by promoters.
In a statement, promoters MCD warned that large backpacks will not be admitted into the gigs.
Backpacks and large bags will not be allowed in to the Malahide Castle Concerts, only small bags measuring no bigger than A4 (8.27in/21cm × 11.7/ 29.7cm) will be permitted into the event. Bags will be searched on entry to the event, to avoid lengthy queues MCD strongly advises that you do not bring a bag.
People who are intoxicated will also be refused entry into the gig and there will be a strict NO Alcohol Policy implemented on all public transport and private buses travelling to the venue.
The following items are also banned from the venue.
- Backpacks and large bags will not be allowed, only small bags measuring no bigger than A4 (8.27in/21cm × 11.7/ 29.7cm) will be permitted into the event.
- Garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs or shooting sticks, umbrellas, selfie sticks, flares/fireworks, laser pens, megaphone/air horns, aerosols, spray cans, smoke & gas canisters, nitrous oxide & any associated equipment, glass, drones, Chinese lanterns, sound systems, unofficial tabards/high viz.
- Illegal/unidentifiable substances, "legal highs, herbal highs or NoS"
- Anything that can be perceived as a weapon or which could cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event.
- Professional cameras with a detachable lens, recording equipment, Go Pro’s.
- Note that catering and bar facilities are available inside the venue. NO ALCOHOL or DRINKS are permitted to be brought into the venue with the exception of water and softdrinks in sealed plastic bottles up to 500ml.
- Animals with the exception of guide dogs.
- Excessive amounts of cigarettes.
While you're here... check out The JOE Show Christmas Special with Bressie, the Dublin Gospel Choir and a surprise guest appearance from the star of the season,
Jesus Christ Santa Claus!
Read more about: