Here’s everything you need to know about Tayto Park FunFest this weekend
The festival will have music, circus, family entertainment, dance and art
Remember we told you about the new Tayto festival, and the absolutely bonkers lineup?
Well now tents are set up, stages are ready, and the Tayto Park FunFest is about to take place this weekend in Ashbourne, Co. Meath.
Starting 10am on 29 June, and running through until 9:30pm on Sunday 30 June, a bill of over 50 international and Irish music and entertainment acts will be taking to the stage.
There are lots of huge names on the line up, so there’s sure to be something for everyone. From throwback tunes from Liberty X and Atomic Kitten, to the best of Irish talent like Hudson Taylor and The Blizzards.
Prepare yourself for the pure excitement when Nathan Carter plays Wagon Wheel, or when Scouting for Girls drop She’s So Lovely. Both are sure to be weekend highlights, check out the entire line-up here.
For kids of all ages, there’s just so much to do! Mr Tayto has arranged the ultimate family day out, with Magical World of Pirates Show, puppets, dance workshops, juggling and much more.
Three live circus performances will happen each day, and the hilarious Lucy Kennedy will be stepping in as Tayto Park FunFest MC.
“What about all the usual Tayto Park attractions?” I hear you ask. Well for the duration of the weekend, festival goers will get to enjoy them all absolutely free of charge!
Festival goers can avail of tickets for €50 upon arrival, or online for €45 per person.
Before you arrive
Keep in mind that there will be a bag search upon arrival at Tayto Park, and that alcohol and BBQs will be prohibited. See here for a full list of forbidden items.
There will be several ticket entry points at the venue, and you’ll be directed to the best point of entry depending on your ticket type and group size.
Have your ticket ready, with your booking reference screen-shotted or printed. Remember to pack suitable footwear for enjoying all the attractions, but ones that you can also bust a move in!
Tayto Park FunFest Weather
Some typically unpredictable Irish weather is due this weekend, so make sure to pack accordingly.
Temperatures are set to reach over 20 degrees celsius, so shorts and sun protection are absolute musts! However showers are also forecast, so pack your rain jacket too.
Whereas in the car these are the best routes:
- Take the M2 towards Ashbourne (exit 5 on the M50 signposted 'Derry/Slane').
- Once on the M2 continue to the very end of the motorway until you come to a roundabout. Take the first exit onto the N2 signposted 'Slane'.
- Continue on the N2 for 3.8km before turning left onto the R155 to Curragha (signposted 'Dunshaughlin/Ratoath').
- Follow this road until it brings you to a roundabout at the entrance to Tayto Park.
- Take the M1 Southbound to Junction 9, exit toward Drogheda/Donore/Duleek
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Rathmullan Park. At the next roundabout, take the 3rd exit, continue under the bridge and straight through the 3rd roundabout onto the R152.
- Continue on the R152 for 9.2 miles until you reach the N2. Turn left and continue for a mile until you see the sign for Tayto Park.
- Turn right at the traffic lights after the sign and continue straight until you see the entrance.
There’s free parking available for all visitors, and car park attendants to help out on the day. Coach parking spots and accessible spaces have also been arranged.
Standard conditions apply and a European Parking Card or Disabled Parking Badge must be displayed.