Pic: Ever wonder how much it would cost to hire your favourite band? Well wonder no more
Kings of Leon will set me back how much?
I think at one point or another, we've all said: "Wouldn't it be hilarious if we booked X to play the wedding"? or "If I had my own festival, I'd book X,Y and Z."
It's all good in your head; but this brilliant article on the priceonomics.com shows how much money you need to book your favourite band or artist.
Here are some JOE's picked out.
- $750,000 if you want Adele to call over sing to you about heartbreak, great craic.
- $250,000 if you'd like David Guetta to play the same song in your back yard for three hours.
- $200,000 for One Direction to jump around a stage in Croke Park this weekend (Mind the grass).
- $100,000 for the moody but brilliant Arctic Monkeys to play in your local community centre.
- $85,000 for James Blunt, he's some chancer lads.
- $65,000 for Slash from Guns N Roses to play your Debs.
- $30,000 for Fountains of Wayne if your name is Stacy and it's your mother's birthday.
- $20,000 for Coolio to turn your child's christening into a gangster's paradise.
- $10,000 for Solange to perform a special in-elevator set for you, careful now.
- $7,500 for The Connells to sing to you about the 1970s.
The entire list is here and let us know if you're thinking of booking anyone, we'd love to go.
As a reader on Priceconomics pointed out, these are asking prices from a third-party booking agency that specializes in college shows; as such, the numbers are likely inflated.
It's still pretty cool to get a ball-park figure.