All 40 tracks that will be included on U2's new album, Songs of Surrender
Some absolute bangers in there.
U2 are set to release 'a collection of 40 seminal' tracks from their back catalogue, on Friday March 17.
The idea behind Songs of Surrender is Bono, Edge, Larry Mullen and Adam Clayton going back, over two years, to re-record and re-imagine some of their best-known tracks and personal favourites. Some songs will have new arrangements and even new lyrics.
The first track to be made available from this brand new set of recordings is ‘Pride (In The Name Of Love)’ - listen HERE.
The Edge is one of the driving forces behind the project. Named as the album's curator and producer, the famed guitarist said:
"Music allows you to time travel, and we became curious to find out what it would be like to bring our early songs back with us to the present day and give them the benefit, or otherwise, of a 21st century reimagining.
"What started out as an experiment quickly developed into a personal obsession as so many of our songs yielded to a new interpretation. Intimacy replaced post punk urgency. New tempos, new keys, and in some cases new chords and new lyrics arrived. A great song, it turns out is kind of indestructible.
"The process of selecting which songs to revisit started with a series of demos. I looked at how a song would hang together if all but the bare essential elements were taken away. The other main aim was to find ways to bring intimacy into the songs, as most of them were originally written with live concert performance in mind."
Each album named after band member
The Edge has described the new U2 compilation as 'four distinct albums'. Below is the complete Songs Of Surrender track listing is:
Side 1 – The Edge
- Where The Streets Have No Name
- Stories For Boys
- 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
- Out Of Control
- Beautiful Day
- Every Breaking Wave
- Walk On (Ukraine)
- Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Side 2 - Larry
- Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
- Get Out Of Your Own Way
- Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of
- Red Hill Mining Town
- Ordinary Love
- Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
- Dirty Day
- The Miracle Of Joey Ramone
- City Of Blinding Lights
Side 3 - Adam
- I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
- Electrical Storm
- The Fly
- If God Will Send His Angels
- Until The End Of The World
- Song For Someone
- All I Want Is You
- Peace On Earth
Side 4 - Bono
- With Or Without You
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Lights Of Home
- Cedarwood Road
- I Will Follow
- Two Hearts Beat As One
- Miracle Drug
- The Little Things That Give You Away
*Main image photo credit : Kurt Iswarienko
- Roy Keane blanched at Haaland observation during Tommy Tiernan appearance
- Stranger Things star Noah Schnapp comes out as gay in the most Gen Z way
- Predicting the 10 biggest box office hits of 2023
- 9 must-watch movies coming to Irish cinemas in January