Amazon recalling popular product in Ireland over 'risk of electric shock and fire'
Around 3,160 of the affected products were sold on Amazon to Ireland.
Amazon has issued a product recall regarding a popular plug it sells, according to the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC).
On the CCPC's website, it states that a safety issue has been identified with the AXIULOO 20W USB C Fast Charger Plug for iPhone 13/13 Mini/13 pro/13 pro max/12/12 mini/12 pro/12 pro max/11/SE 2020.
"The affected products present a risk of electric shock and fire. The plug does not meet the dimensional requirements of the relevant standard," the product recall reads.
The unique Amazon standard identification numbers for the plugs impacted are B08HQBL2KK, B0BS9Q542K, B08HQH4Y39, B0BPCGGPVZ, B0BRKHMNQV and B08NTJ7XHP.
The CCPC said that around 3,160 of the affected products were sold on the Amazon platform to the Republic of Ireland.
"If you purchased one of these products, please discontinue use immediately," the recall adds.
"You may wish to contact Amazon to see if there are any remedies available to you. This can be done via your user account on the Amazon platform."
An image of the product can be found below. For more information, visit the CCPC's website right here.
Image via CCPC
- One of the biggest horror hits of recent years has just been added to Prime Video
- 'Live rodent' in kitchen among reasons for closure orders on Irish food businesses in January
- All motorcycle road racing in Northern Ireland has been cancelled for 2023
- Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are making a movie about U2's landmark Sarajevo concert
- Idris Elba is on the run and on the hunt in action-packed new look at the Luther movie
- Netflix provides more clarity on incoming account restrictions
- You Season 4 Part One puts the "fun" back into fundamentally problematic
- Magic Mike's Last Dance is about how horny we all are after the pandemic