Well-known fitness blogger dies in tragic accident involving exploding whipped cream dispenser 5 years ago

Well-known fitness blogger dies in tragic accident involving exploding whipped cream dispenser

The death of French Instagram star Rebecca Burger was announced on her Instagram page on Wednesday.

Rebecca Burger, a well-known French fitness blogger with just under 160,000 followers on Instagram, has died after a tragic accident involving a whipped cream dispenser.

Advertisement

A post on Burger’s Instagram page on Wednesday night read: “It is with great sadness that we announce the death of Rebecca, who died on June 18th, 2017 in an accident in the home.”

According to the BBC, French media reported that Burger died of cardiac arrest after a defective whipped cream dispenser exploded and a part struck her in the chest. Despite receiving medical attention, Burger died as result.

Advertisement

A family member of Burger’s posted a picture of a defective dispenser and warned the public not to use it, saying that tens of thousands of the devices remain in circulation.

A caption accompanying the post reads: “Here is an example of a chantilly siphon that exploded and struck Rebecca's thorax, resulting in her death.

Advertisement

“Precision: the siphon that caused her death was put under seal.

“Do not use this kind of utensil in your home! Several tens of thousands of defective devices are still in circulation.”

According to French consumer magazine 60 Millions, numerous injuries ranging from broken teeth to tinnitus to a broken sternum were caused by faulty dispensers manufactured prior to 2015; dispensers made since then, according to the magazine, appear to be safe.

Main image via Facebook/Rebecca Burger

Advertisement