Two deaths and 1,299 new cases of Covid-19 reported in Northern Ireland
Two more Covid-19 related deaths have been reported in Northern Ireland.
The Department of Health has also confirmed 1,299 new cases of Covid-19 meaning that 6,708 new positive cases have been notified in the region in the last seven days.
There are 213 patients with Covid-19 being treated in hospital in the north, with 26 in intensive care.
Tighter restrictions were announced in the region earlier this week and will last for four weeks as the Stormont Executive looks to get the virus under control.
However, on Thursday night First Minister Arlene Foster rejected suggestions from experts that the restrictions were too little too late.
The British Medical Association NI has said that only a full lockdown could have prevented the health service from being unable to cope.
“I did hear the comments of Dr Tom Black from the BMA today but I respectfully disagree with him,” Foster said.
She said the executive had to look at all of the outcomes including societal, economical and health before making the decision.