He enjoyed that one.
Jurgen Klopp couldn’t help but enjoy hearing news of Manchester United’s Carabao Cup troubles on Wednesday night.
Man United were dumped out of the competition by a second-string Newcastle side while Liverpool advanced to the quarter-finals with a 2-1 win against Bournemouth.
Boos rang around Old Trafford at half-time and full-time as the pressure continues to mount on Erik ten Hag following their dismal start to the season.
Ten Hag took full responsibility for the defeat when speaking to Sky Sports. He said: “We know it’s not good enough. We have to take responsibility for it, I have to take responsibility for it. I feel sorry for the fans. It’s below our standards and I have to put it right.
“This is not good enough. I am confident players will stand up, they are sticking together, you have seen they have tried but we know this is not good enough. I am responsible for this and we have to do this together.”
While it’s all doom and gloom at United, their rivals in Merseyside can’t help but enjoy watching the Red Devils’ struggles and as Klopp caught the scoreline on the TV, his press officer informed him of the result.
Klopp then let out an audible “ooo” before grimacing his face, indicating just how bad of a result it was for the Red Devils.
Liverpool will face West Ham in the quarter-finals, which are set to be played in the week commencing December 18.
Jürgen’s reaction to the Man United score ?pic.twitter.com/mBmgxjm75I
— The Anfield Wrap (@TheAnfieldWrap) November 1, 2023
- Man United star brutally ‘excluded’ from official squad photo for current season
- Damien Delaney doesn’t mince his words when it comes to Caoimhin Kelleher
- Brentford’s Neal Maupay picks up the strangest yellow card you might ever see
- Joe Cole “sums up” Darwin Nunez with surprise comparison that Chelsea fans won’t agree with
- “Those words were spoken directly to me and my dad… I was broken” – CJ Stander
- “We do it for our families” – Scenes of raw, unconfined joy as Ireland reach Olympics