Liverpool v Real Madrid: Player ratings and updates from Champions League clash
Liverpool host Real Madrid in the Champions League last-16.
Liverpool take on Real Madrid on Tuesday evening at Anfield. The Champions League last-16 first-leg clash is a repeat of last season's final, which Madrid won 1-0.
You can follow the match live in our hub below, where will we have updates about team news, big talking points from the game and player ratings.
Liverpool v Real Madrid: Player ratings and live updates.
Liverpool come into the game after turning their form around following a poor January which saw them claim just one point.
The Reds have won their last two games, and approach Tuesday's massive match with renewed confidence.
"I am really happy we play it now. Four weeks ago it would have been different," Jurgen Klopp told reporters ahead of the game.
"Life is all about timing. Maybe we found our feet in time. Hopefully, we can build on that, but now we need to play two super games."
Real Madrid, meanwhile, are on a four-game winning run after winning the Club World Cup and beating Elche and Osasuna in La Liga.
Carlo Ancelotti's side, however, have played 14 games so far this year - six more than Liverpool - and have had little time to prepare for the game at Anfield.
You can watch the game on RTÉ 2 and the LiveScore app in Ireland, and on BT Sport in the UK. The match kicks off at 8 pm.
- John Henry rules out selling Liverpool in FSG's latest plans for the club.
- Liverpool hit back at Premier League after taking 33-minute flight to Newcastle.
- Jamie Redknapp claims Trent Alexander-Arnold pass will go down in history.
- Liverpool rediscover the one missing ingredient in Merseyside derby win.
- Shay Given believes that only two Liverpool players would make Newcastle team.