Rebecca Loos has her say on David Beckham affair after Netflix documentary
‘He is portraying himself as the victim’
Rebecca Loos has hit out at David Beckham saying the former footballer needs to “take responsibility” in the wake of his Netflix documentary that touched on her affair allegations.
In 2004, Beckham was accused of having an affair with Rebecca, 46, who alleged she had a relationship with him while he was playing for Real Madrid.
The former Manchester United star dismissed the allegations as “ludicrous” at the time.
Almost 20 years later, Beckham and his wife, Victoria, seemingly addressed the rumours in his documentary, which aired on 4 October, with Posh saying how the allegations impacted their relationship. She said the couple “were against each other.”
In her first interview since the series aired, Loos branded Beckham’s response to the claims, as “it’s all, ‘poor me'” and suggested he needed “to take responsibility.” In an interview with The Mail on Sunday, she said:
“He can say whatever he likes of course and I understand he has an image to preserve, but he is portraying himself as the victim and he’s making me look like a liar, like I’ve made up these stories.
"He is indirectly suggesting that I’m the one who has made Victoria suffer."
Rebecca Loos affair led to extra media scrutiny for Beckhams
In one episode of the series, director Fisher Stevens ask Beckham how he dealt with “multiple tabloid stories” breaking news of the alleged affair.
Beckham, a dad of four, replied: “There were some horrible stories that were difficult to deal with. It was the first time that me and Victoria had been put under that kind of pressure in our marriage.”
Victoria admitted to Fisher that it was “100 percent” the “hardest period for us”, and suggested it felt the “the world was against us.”
The former Spice Girl said: |And here’s the thing; we were against each other, if I’m being completely honest.
- 40 years ago, the best Stephen King adaptation arrived in cinemas
- The Late Late's bizarre interview with Jean-Claude Van Damme did not disappoint
- House of Usher had massive reshoots with new actor following huge controversy
- New horror from Scream creator is finally available to watch at home
- Hollywood's biggest stars reveal their favourite scary movies of all time
- Netflix prices raising for (some of) their customers
- Zac Efron's new sports drama based on shocking true story gets first look