Roy Keane reveals his dream dinner party guest list
Quite the guest list.
Roy Keane has revealed his four dream guests at his own dinner party.
Keane was asked during a live episode of The Overlap who he would wish – dead or alive – to dine with him.
Unsurprisingly, Keane was able to reel off a stellar list of five names who would know doubt bring the vibes to the Keane dinner party.
They were: Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Diego Maradona and Brian Clough.
Explaining why, the former Republic of Ireland international and Sky Sports pundit said: “I’d love to sit down with Bob Dylan, ‘the boss’ Bruce Springsteen.
He added: “Maradona, you know, just for a bit of chat and stuff. Bob would be singing. I’m also going to say Brian Clough.
“Just because I’m a bit older now so I can have a good conversation with him. When you’re kid and they’re your manager, your boss, you’re frightened to death of them.
“Just to have a normal, proper, decent conversation with him.”
There’s plenty of variety there, that’s for sure. Dylan and Springsteen, taking it in turns to sing their songs, Maradona no doubt causing havoc and Clough telling everyone off but also reeling off some of his best analogies from his war of words with Don Revie and winning the European Cup (twice).
To no surprise, Alf Inge Haaland was not one of the guests and nor was Patrick Vieira. Maybe next time.
- Champions League final: Man City vs Inter Milan teams and player ratings as treble secured
- House of Football: Ireland’s glimmer of hope, selfies with Roy and the art of free-kicks.
- Scott Carson delivers emphatic comeback to fan after second Champions League victory
- Man United line-up transfers for two strikers as alternatives to Harry Kane
- "Disgrace to the club" - Norman Whiteside story on nightclub "raid" sums up Alex Ferguson's early years at Man United